Data Visualization and Validation
Our use of the Visual Procedure Check (VPC) and Digital Procedure Check (DPC) applications were designed to display terminal procedure coding in either DAFIF® or ARINC format.
It is designed to give the user the ability to enter aircraft characteristics such as:
- FMS bank angle
- Vertical Speed
- True Airspeed.
This capability allows aircrews and data reviewers:
- to visually ensure that the procedure coding meets the Flight Information Publication (FLIP) design
- to verify how a procedure contained in the DAFIF dataset will fly
- with the ability to “fly” the procedure in a Google Earth environment to familiarize the pilot with the destination airport and surrounding areas prior to mission launch.
Both VPC and DPC provide the capability to:
- perform critical quality, fly-ability and terrain evaluation checks prior to procedure publication
- assess the impact of aircraft characteristics and meteorological conditions when evaluating an approach procedure including:
- true airspeed, vertical speed, maximum bank angle, and wind speed/direction.