AIXM 5 Implementation
The Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) is designed to allow efficient and reliable management and sharing of aeronautical information in a digital format. AIXM 5 version utilizes established engineering standards in the aviation industry and supports current and future Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) requirements, such as:
- Temporality model data including NOTAM information
- Support for ICAO and FAA user requirements for
- Terminal procedures
- Airport mapping databases (aerodrome feature data)
- Alignment with ISO standards for geospatial information
- Including Geography Markup Language (GML).
AeroNavData is actively involved in research, development, and implementation of the Aeronautical Information eXchange Model (AIXM) data format. We fully support and participate in global working groups and international conferences related to the emerging AIXM exchange format standards. Through our own internal research and development, we have designed custom software solutions that ingest AIXM-formatted data into existing aeronautical databases and enable exportation of data in AIXM.
Our approach aims to bridge the gap between legacy aeronautical data management systems and AIXM’s all-inclusive format.