AeroNavData attends ARINC NDB Subcommittee meeting
The ARINC Navigation Data Base (NDB) Subcommittee met the week of Jan 15 – 17, 2013 in Cocoa Beach, FL to review proposals for incorporation into the Navigation Data Base Standard.
The goal of the NDB Working Group and its subcommittees is to assist aircraft operators, manufacturers, regulatory authorities, and data base suppliers in maximizing the operational and economic benefits of FMS navigation by the exchange of technical information that improves overall system performance.
Some of the agenda items that were addressed at the meeting in Cocoa Beach, FL were:
- Data providers and Flight Management System (FMS) manufacturers provided results of test data for these leg types:
- FD (track from a Fix to a DME Distance)
- CD (Course to a DME Distance
- VD (Heading to a DME Distance)
- AF (Arc to a Fix)
- Jeppesen and Universal provided a proposal on Standard Instrument Departures (SID)/Standard Terminal Arrival Routes (STAR) Procedure Naming Rules.
- Review of the UML model to support object-oriented content and the creation of standard XML Schema File (XSD).
- Review of inputs for ARINC Project Paper 424A.