The Visual Procedure Check (VPC) and Digital Procedure Check (DPC) applications were designed to display terminal procedure coding in either DAFIF® or ARINC format.
These applications provide the user the ability to enter aircraft characteristics such as:
- FMS bank angle
- Vertical Speed
- True Airspeed.
This capability allows aircrews and data reviewers:
- To visually ensure that the procedure coding meets the Flight Information Publication (FLIP) design
- To verify how a procedure contained in the DAFIF® dataset will fly
- The ability to “fly” the procedure in a Google Earth environment; increasing situational awareness for the pilot by visualizing the destination airport and surrounding area data prior to mission launch.
Both VPC and DPC also provide the capability to:
- Perform critical quality, “fly-ability” and terrain evaluation checks prior to procedure publication
- Assess the impact of aircraft characteristics and meteorological conditions when evaluating an approach procedure including: true airspeed, vertical speed, maximum bank angle, and wind speed/direction.