AIXM Ingest and Export
Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM)
The Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) is a comprehensive international XML-based standard jointly developed by the FAA and EUROCONTROL to “enable the management and distribution of Aeronautical Information Services in digital format”. Through our own internal research and development, we have developed reusable AIXM 5.1 compliant Application Programming Interfaces (API). These interfaces provide the ability to process, encode, and validate various types of aeronautical data in the current AIXM 5.1 format.
- Based on Microsoft’s .NET Framework XML parsing technologies
- Includes business classes for AIXM features and attribution, strictly adhering to the approved AIXM Schema
- Supports the entire AIXM 5.1 core model
- GML 3.2 compliant for encoding complex and accurate geometrical representations of aeronautical features
- Compiled Code that allows high speed reading/writing of AIXM files from the same API
- Rapid implementation of extensions utilizing AIXM’s extension mechanism
AIXM Versions and Legacy Encoding API
Our custom software solution can be reused in a variety of existing or newly developing applications for exchanging aeronautical data, both in desktop or web-enabled environments. Our approach bridges the gap between legacy aeronautical data management systems and AIXM’s schema-neutral format. In addition, we maintain API for both AIXM 4.5 and 5.0 and relevant extensions for legacy encodings.
Our AIXM ingest and export capabilities enables a direct machine-to-machine interface to ensure that the data is not corrupted by labor-intensive traditional manual transcribing of paper based products.