Aeronautical Data Solutions
AeroNavData designs and builds custom software solutions to code, process, validate, and create Aeronautical Navigation data products in a variety of industry standard formats. Our applications are in strict compliance with industry standards and our certified data quality methods enable our aeronautical analysts to produce navigation data of the highest possible integrity.
AeroNavData utilizes our stringent internal practices and expertise to provide each external customers with tailored software solutions that they can utilize in their own production processes.
Coded Instrument Flight Procedures (CIFP) Editor
AeroNavData designed, built and deployed the flight procedure editing application for the FAA’s Aeronautical Information Services group (AJV-5). Our team of aeronautical information experts and software developers works collaboratively with the FAA to ensure that the application fulfills 100% of the FAA’s requirements and provides a streamlined, and accurate, workflow. The resulting tool supports the FAA AeroNav Products team’s enhanced responsibilities and enables them to efficiently and accurately create and manage flight procedure data in the Coded Instrument Flight Procedures (CIFP) dataset, which is modeled in ARINC 424 standard and supports both Enroute and Terminal GPS navigation.
AeroNavData’s Instrument Flight Procedures (IFP) Coding Process
As part of our on-going navigation data support for the FAA, we:
- Create, Modify and Output flight procedures for inclusion in the Coded Instrument Flight Procedures (CIFP) dataset, including:
- Standard Instrument Approach Procedures (SIAPs)
- Standard Terminal Arrival Routes (STARs)
- Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs)
- Input and ingest data changes from these sources:
- National Flight Data Digest (NFDD)
- Procedures in the Transmittal Letter (TL) that are published outside the Gold Standard process
- PNOTAM changes published in the Transmittal Letter (TL)
AeroNavData constructed a form-driven database application in support of the FAA’s graphical user interface (GUI) requirements that enable advanced editing of the ARINC procedure record types.
Drawing on our company’s extensive experience in navigation procedure coding, AeroNavData incorporates many levels of data validation within the application, including:
- Stringent form validation for each record type
- Coding integrity check engines that enforce ARINC rules
- Utilize coding practices that isolate potential coding errors prior to output
AIXM 5.0 Software Ingest Utility (SIU)
AeroNavData developed a custom application that provided the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) with the capability to review and ingest candidate data from incoming AIXM 5.0 encoded files, with Flight Procedure Package (FPP) extensions, into its aeronautical production environment called the Aeronautical Digital Data Environment (ADDE).
Our application utilizes the AIXM Application Programming Interface (API) and loads related AIXM 5.0 encoded files.
The AIXM application:
- Reads, sorts, and compares all incoming features with the current database holdings
- Enables necessary data transformation or translation between AIXM and the Aeronautical Production Environment
- Presents candidate data for aeronautical features while preserving the original encoding
- Presents new features for review and acceptance or rejection into the Aeronautical database
- Matches potential changes to existing data holdings and present for acceptance or rejection
- Stores transactional data concerning addition or changes to the aeronautical database
This custom application allows the NGA to capitalize on digital AIXM based sources of aeronautical data for ingest and relieves the production analyst of having to manually key-in traditional paper-based source material. A powerful comparison feature allows the analyst to review the incoming changes and mitigate any potential data conflicts.