AeroNavData’s depth of aviation knowledge includes experience as Air Traffic Controllers, commercial airline pilots, flight instructors, and geographic information system specialists. Because of our experience in the flying community, we actively engage with our industry colleagues on aeronautical navigation data issues, airport mapping requirements, aviation trends, and pilot needs and concerns.
As a result, our collaborations include:
- Updating and maintaining U.S. Civil DPs and STARs in NASR
- Assisting the FAA in providing Quality Control (QC) for Civil/Military Instrument Approach Procedures (IAP’s)
- Advising on all types of SIAP forms, published instrument terminal procedure charts, and the IFP system.
- Providing expert advice on ARINC 424 and NDB coding issues for legacy, current, and future standards and industry practices.
- Offering subject matter expertise to aid the customer in the development phase of a procedure.
- Offering subject matter expert advice on future NDB-X (ARINC 829) issues, standards, and industry practices