AeroNavData’s staff has a depth of aviation knowledge, including experience as Air Traffic Controllers, commercial airline pilots, flight instructors, and geographic information system specialists. We actively engage and regularly consult with our industry colleagues on aeronautical navigation data, airport mapping, and software issues, trends, and concerns.
Some examples of our collaborations include:
- Processing ad hoc requests from FAA’s NOTAM office for output of a specific airport in support of creating Construction Activity Notices
- Updating and maintaining U.S. Civil DPs and STARs in NASR
- Assisting the FAA in providing Quality Control (QC) for Civil/Military Instrument Approach Procedures (IAP’s)
- Advising on all types of the 8260 SIAP forms, published instrument terminal procedure charts, and the IFP system.
- Providing expert advice on ARINC 424 and NDB coding issues for legacy, current and future standards and industry practices.
- Subject matter expertise to aid the customer in the development phase of a procedure.
- Providing SME advice on future NDB-X (ARINC 829) issues, standards, and industry practices